Drains can be cleaned out in various ways, however the hassle caused till then can be really stressful and irritating. To prevent getting trapped in such a mess, you can take a few simple precautions at your end that will help you avoid a blocked drain and related stressful and costly inconveniences.
Blocked drains can be caused by many factors, but the headache and mess triggered are actually not worth being disregarded, so you ought to take a few preventative steps to prevent getting a blocked drain.
Some Tips To Avoid Getting A Blocked Drain:
– Attempt this: instead of using chemical products, use a mixture of a quarter cup of baking soda mixed with 50 ml vinegar, which is added to boiling water. This solution used regularly will prevent your drain pipes from getting obstructed.
– See to it you don’t pour oily or fatty liquids down the drain, as this may not flow easily through the drain pipeline, triggering blockages. The fat gets encrusted on to the sides, therefore limiting the width of the pipe.
– Another cause of blocked drain pipes is hair. Ensure you clean out the excessive hair from the plugholes in restrooms to avoid blockage.
– Make sure you clean out the sinks, toilets and baths regularly with disinfectant to avoid dirt and hair build-up.
– This is a very obvious tip, but a lot of plumbers are called for help because the drain pipe is clogged with a large object that should not be there. This can be caused by accidentally flushing a toy, etc. Make sure such things are not put too close so they can be overturned.
– Toilet fresheners also sometimes get accidentally flushed, so be careful.
– Avoid making use of excessive detergent, as this leads to a build up of the detergent on the pipes’ inner walls, thus reducing the water flow.
– Keep a regular check if the drainage is flowing freely by lifting the drain covers at regular intervals.
– Do not flush sanitary napkins or nappies down the toilet, as they will get blocked.
– Make sure there is no method for leaves and other garbage to get trapped in the drain pipes.
– Tree roots that grow into the pipes are another cause for concern, as this is something you don’t have control over.
But fear not with brand-new technology, like the Sanafoam Vaporooter and electric eels, you can clear your sewer and drain pipelines of the live roots. The Vaporooter utilizes an herbicide, which kills the roots inside but does not get absorbed by the plant, thus not influencing the plants and shrubs above ground.